Master of Science / Postgraduate Diploma in
Environmental Science and Management (EVSM)
The program is designed for students working in government, environmental consulting firms, secondary schools, or who are recently gradated undergraduates wishing to advance their knowledge in environmental science and management.
Program Duration and Class Hour
- MSc Degree: Normally 1 - 1.5 years for full-time and 2.5 years for part-time study.
- Postgraduate Diploma: Normally 1 year for full-time and 1.5 years for part-time study.
All lectures will be given in the weekday evening from 7:00 p.m. - 9:50 p.m. and Saturday morning at the Hong Kong University of Science & Technology (HKUST). Each 3-credits course includes three lecture hours per week, or in the case of 4 credit courses, three hours of lectures plus tutorial section(s).
HK$120,000 (30 credits only)
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Non-refundable deposit||To be paid upon offer is made||30,000||30,000|
|1st installment||To be paid in early Sep 2019||30,000||30,000|
|2nd installment||To be paid in early Feb 2020||60,000||30,000|
|3rd installment||To be paid in early Sep 2020||-||30,000|
HK$60,000 (15 credits only)
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Non-refundable deposit||To be paid upon offer is made||15,000||15,000|
|1st installment||To be paid in early Sep 2019||15,000||15,000|
|2nd installment||To be paid in early Feb 2020||30,000||15,000|
|3rd installment||To be paid in early Sep 2020||-||15,000|
- Full-time students should take a minimum of 9 credits and up to a maximum of 15 credits per semester.
- Part-time students are normally expected to take 6 to a maximum of 9 credits (excluding MSc project) per semester.
The nominal program fee only covers a registered study period of 3 semesters for the PGD program and a registered study period of 5 semesters for the MSc program. Students are required to pay HK$4,000 per credit for additional course(s) taken beyond the nominal program requirement and HK$1,800 per credit for auditing course(s).
HKUST Clear Water Bay Campus (Hong Kong).
Medium of Instruction
All lectures and materials are in English.
Courses will be assessed according to the grading scheme used for postgraduate courses at HKUST. Students in the MSc or PGD Program must complete the program with a graduation grade average (GGA) of 2.850 or higher, as required for all postgraduate students at HKUST.
- Continuing Education Fund (CEF)
- This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under Continuing Education Fund
- The Office of the Continuing Education Fund does not have record of registration of this course under the Qualifications Framework
- Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme
Students of the MSc/PGD in EVSM program are eligible to apply for the Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme, which provides financial assistance to students in the form of loan. For details, please contact the Student Financial Assistance Agency.