MPhil and PhD Programs in
Atmospheric Environmental Science (AES)
Program Duration and Class Hour
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil): Normally 2 years for full-time and 4 years for part-time study.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD): Normally 3 years if a relevant master's degree is earned prior to entering the PhD program or 4 years with a first degree for full-time; 6 years for part-time study.
HKUST Clear Water Bay Campus (Hong Kong).
Medium of instruction
All lectures and materials are in English.
Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS)
The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme is established by the Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC) with aims to attract the best and brightest students from around the world to pursue doctoral studies in Hong Kong.
The Fellowship provides each awardee with:
- Stipend: HK$319,200 (~US$40,900) per year, for 4 years*
- Excellent Research Award: HK$40,000 (~US$5,100) in the first year of study
- Conference Travel Allowance: HK$13,300 (~US$1,700) per year, for 4 years*; and
- University Accommodation: Guaranteed in the first 2 years of research postgraduate studies
Details of the Scheme are available at http://www.ust.hk/hkpfs .
Details about accommodation arrangements are available at:
Graduation on Completion of Studies
When students have completed the degree requirements for an award, or are registered in courses that will complete the requirements for an award, they will be included in the list of potential graduates.
To be considered for graduation, an MPhil or PhD student must:
- Complete the courses specified for the program;
- Achieve a graduation grade average of at least 2.850 in the courses used to satisfy the program requirements;
- Attain a pass in the thesis examination;
- Complete the program within the specified time limit; and
- Meet the residency requirements of the program.