King Lun YEUNG
Ph.D.(1993), University of Notre Dame, USA
Professor, Division of Environment and Sustainability
Professor, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Associate Dean, Engineering (Research and Graduate Studies)
Associate Director, Environmental Central Facility
Advanced Materials & Technology, Energy, Environmental Engineering: Air Quality Study, Environmental Engineering: Environmental Sustainability, Environmental Engineering: Water & Wastewater Treatment Technologies, Nano Technology
Rational design and synthesis of functional nanostructured and nanoporous materials for green chemical and energy production, environmental protection and pollution abatement, and biological research and medical applications.
- K.L. He, W. Han#, K.L. Yeung*, “Preparation and performance of catalytic MOFs in microreactor,” J. Taiwan Inst. Chem. Eng. (under review).
- Y. Li, K.L. Yeung*, “Polymeric catalytic membrane for ozone treatment of DEET in water,” Catal. Today (under review).
- R. Deng, W. Han#, K.L. Yeung*, “Confined PFSA/MOF composite membranes in fuel cells for promoted water management and performance,” Catal. Today (under review).
- W.J. Xie, L.T. Weng, C.K. Chan, K.L. Yeung, C.M. Chan, “Reactions of SO2 and NH3 with epoxy groups on the surface of graphite oxide powder,” Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 20 (2018) 6431-6439.
- K.M. Ng, Y.T.R. Lau, L.T. Weng, K.L. Yeung, C.M. Chan, “ToF-SIMS and computation analysis: Fragmentation mechanisms of polystyrene, polystyrene-d5, and polypentafluorostyrene,” Surf. Interface Anal. 50 (2018) 220-233.
- M.C. Ortega-Liebana, J.L. Hueso, S.A. Ferdousi, R. Arenal, S. Irusta, K.L. Yeung, J. Santamaria, “Extraordinary sensitizing effect of co-doped carbon nanodots derived from mate herb: Application to enhanced photocatalytic degradation of chlorinated wastewater compounds under visible light,” Appl. Catal. B 218 (2017) 68-79.
- L.P. Li, K.L. Yeung*, “An investigation of ozone treatment of DEET in water: Reaction pathways, kinetics and bioactivity,” Water Res. (under review).
- S.A. Ferdousi, K.L. Yeung*, M.A. Banares, “Safe-by-design concept in mitigating toxicity of Ag/TiNT visible light photocatalysts,” Angew. Chimie (under review).
- S.M. Kwan, K.L. Yeung*, V. Calvino-Casilda, F. Rubio-Marcos, J.F. Fernandez, M.A. Banares, “Glycerol valorization in a membrane microreactor,” RSC Advances (under review).
- M.C. Ortega-Liebana, J.L. Hueso, S. Ferdousi, K.L. Yeung, J. Santamaria, “Nitrogen-doped luminescent carbon nanodots for optimal photo-generation of hydroxyl radicals and visible-light expanded photo-catalysis,” Diamond Related Mater. 65 (2016) 176-182.
- X.Q. Chen, W.K. Ching, K.F. Lam, W. Wei, K.L. Yeung*, “An investigation of the selective adsorptions of metals on mesoporous NH2-MCM-41,” J. Phys. Chem. C 120 (2016) 18365-18376.
- T. Zhang, L. Lin, X.F. Zhang, H. Liu, X.J. Yan, Z. Liu, K.L. Yeung, “Facile preparation of ZIF-8@Pd-CSS sandwich-type microspheres via in situ growth of ZIF-8 shells over Pd-loaded colloidal carbon spheres with aggregation-resistant and leach-proof properties for Pd nanoparticles,” Appl. Surf. Sci. 351 (2015) 1184-1190.
- G.C. Zhang, T. Zhang, X.F. Zhang, K.L. Yeung, “Continuous flow ZiF-8/NaA composite membrane microreactor for efficient Knoevenagel condensation,” Catal. Commun. 68 (2015) 93-96.
- T. Zhang, L. Lin, X.F. Zhang, H. Liu, X. Yan, J. Qiu, K.L. Yeung, “Synthesis and characterization of ZIF-8@SiO2@Fe2O4 core@double-shell microspheres with noble metal nanoparticles sandwiched between two shell layers,” Mater. Lett. 148 (2015) 17-21.
- K.K. Cheng, P.S. Chan, S.J. Fan, S.M. Kwan, K.L. Yeung, Y.X.J. Wang, A.H.L. Chow, E.X. Wu, L. Baum, “Curcumin-conjugated magnetic nanoparticles for detecting amyloid plagues in Alzheimer’s disease mice using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI),” Biomaterials 44 (2015) 155-172.
- T.N. Ng, X.Q. Chen, K.L. Yeung, “Direct manipulation of particle size and morphology of ordered mesoporous silica by flow synthesis,” RSC Advances 5 (2015) 13331-13340.
- K.L. Yeung* and W. Han#, “Zeolites and mesoporous materials in fuel cell applications,” Catal. Today, 236 (2014) 182-205.
- Zhang, J., Zhang, T., X.F. Zhang, W. Liu, H. Liu, J. Qiu, K.L. Yeung, “New synthesis strategies for Ni/Al2O3-Sil-1 core–shell catalysts for steam reforming of methane,” Catal. Today 236A (2014) 34-40.
- T. Zhang, X.F. Zhang, X. Yan, L. Lin, H. Liu, J. Qiu, K.L. Yeung*, “Core-shell Pd/ZSM-5@ZIF-8 membrane micro-reactors with size selectivity properties for alkene hydrogenation,” Catal. Today 236A (2014) 41-48.
- J.Q. Li, L. Li, H.Q. Chen, Q. Chang, X.D. Liu, Y. Wu, C.X. Wei, R. Li, J.K.C. Kwan, K.L. Yeung*, “Application of vitamin E to antagonize SWCNTs-induced exacerbation of allergic asthma,” Sci. Report 4 (2014) 4275.
- L. Kong, X.F. Zhang, Y. Liu, S. Li, H. Liu, J. Qiu, K.L. Yeung, “In-situ fabrication of high-permeance ZIF-8 tubular membranes in a continuous flow system,” Mater. Chem. Phys. 148 (2014) 10-16.
- X.F. Zhang, Y. Liu, S. Li, L. Kong, H. Liu, Y. Li, W. Han, K.L. Yeung*, W. Zhu, W. Yang, J. Qiu, “New membrane architecture with high performance: ZIF-8 membrane supported on vertically aligned ZnO nanorods for gas permeation and separation,” Chem. Mater. 26 (2014) 1975-1981.
- Lin, L. Zhang, T. X.F. Zhang, H. Liu, K.L. Yeung, J. Qiu, “New Pd/SiO2@ZIF-8 core-shell catalyst with selective, antipoisoning and antileaching properties for the hydrogenation of alkenes,” Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 53 (2014) 10906-10913.
- Y. Liu, S. Li, X.F. Zhang, H. Liu, J. Qiu, Y. Li, K.L. Yeung*, “New membrane architecture: ZnO/ZIF-8 mixed matrix membrane exhibiting superb H2 permselectivity and excellent stability,” Inorg. Chem. Commun. 48 (2014) 77-80.
- T. Zhang, B. Li, X.F. Zhang, J. Qiu, W. Han, K.L. Yeung*, “Pd nanoparticles immobilized in a microporous/mesoporous composite ZIF-8/MSS: A multifunctional catalyst for the hydrogenation of alkenes,” Microporous Mesoporous Mater. 197 (2014) 324-330.
- Zhang, Jian., Zhang, Xiongfu., Liu, Weifeng., Liu, Haiou., Qiu, Jieshan., K.L. Yeung., "A new alkali-resistant Ni/Al2O3-MSU-1 core-shell catalyst for methane steam reforming in a direct internal reforming molten carbonate fuel cell", Journal of power sources. v. 246, January 2014, p. 74-83 (2014)
- Li, Jinquan ; Li, Li ; Chen, Hanqing ; Chang, Qing ; Liu, Xudong ; Wu, Yang ; Wei, Chenxi ; Li, Rui ; Kwan, Joseph K. C.; K.L. Yeung; Xi, Zhuge ; Lu, Zhisong ; Yang, Xu "Application of vitamin E to antagonize SWCNTs-induced exacerbation of allergic asthma", Scientific Reports v. 4, (4275), March 2014 (2014)
- Zhang, Xiongfu ; Liu, Yaguang ; Li, Shaohui ; Kong, Linyin ; Liu, Haiou ; Li, Yanshuo ; Han, Wei; K.L. Yeung; Zhu, Weidong ; Yang, Weishen ; Qiu, Jieshan "New Membrane Architecture with High Performance: ZIF-8 Membrane Supported on Vertically Aligned ZnO Nanorods for Gas Permeation and Separation", Chemistry of materials v. 26, (5), March 2014, p. 1975-1981 (2014)