Research Assistant Professor, Division of Environment and Sustainability
Tel: (852) 2358 8316
Office: Room 4332 (Lift 3)
- Aerosol and trace gas
- Air pollution and health
- Lidar remote sensing
- Satellite remote sensing
- Lin CQ, Louie PKK, Lau AKH, Fung JCH, Yuan Z, Tao MH, Zhang X, Hossain MS, Li CC, Lao XQ (2023), Net effect of air pollution controls on health risk in the Beijing–Tianjin–Hebei region during the 2022 Winter Olympics and Paralympics, Journal of Environmental Sciences, 135, 560-569.
- Lin CQ, Fung JCH, Ren C, Ng EYY, Li Y, He YY, Leung KKM, Ning Z, Lau AKH* (2023), Horizontal flux of ozone in the planetary boundary layer in Hong Kong using wind LiDAR measurements, Atmospheric Environment.
- Chen J, Zeng Y, Lau AKH, Guo C, Wei X, Lin CQ, Huang Bo, Lao XQ (2023), Chronic exposure to ambient PM2.5/NO2 and respiratory health in school children: A prospective cohort study in Hong Kong, Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, 252, 114558.
- Lau LHW, Wong NS, Leung CC, Chan CK, Tai L, Lau AKH, Lin CQ, Lee SS (2023), Association of ambient PM2.5 concentration with tuberculosis reactivation diseases – an integrated spatio-temporal analysis, IJID Regions.
- Guo C, Chang LY, Bo Y, Lin CQ, Lau AKH, Tam T, Lao XQ (2023). Life-course exposure to ambient fine particulate matter and hypertension in adulthood: A longitudinal cohort study, Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 30 (1), 788-797.
- Kwok CYT, Poon YKP, Chook P, Guo DS, Lin CQ, Yin YH, Celermajer DS, Woo KS (2023), A Potential Strategy for Atherosclerosis Prevention in Modernizing China — Hyperhomocysteinemia, MTHFR C677T Polymorphism and Air Pollution (PM2.5) on Atherogenesis in Chinese Adults, Journal of Nutrition, Health and Aging. 27(2), 134-141.
- Bo Y, Yu T, Guo C, Lin CQ, Yang HT, Chang L, Thomas GN, Tam T, Lau AKH, Lao XQ (2023). Cardiovascular Mortality, Habitual Exercise, and PM2.5 Exposure: A Longitudinal Cohort Study. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 64 (2), 250-258.
- Lin CQ, Song Y, Louie PKK, Yuan ZB, Li Y, Tao MH, Li CC, Fung JCH, Ning Z, Lau AKH, Lao XQ (2022). Risk tradeoffs between nitrogen dioxide and ozone pollution during the COVID-19 lockdowns in the Greater Bay Area of China. Atmospheric Pollution Research, 13 (10), 101549.
- Che WW, Zhang Y, Lin CQ*, Fung Y, Fung JCH, Lau AKH (2022), Impacts of pollution heterogeneity on population exposure in dense urban areas using ultra-fine resolution air quality data, Journal of Environmental Sciences, 125, 513-523.
- Tao MH, Chen LF, Wang J, Wang L, Wang W, Lin CQ, Gui L, Wang LC, Yu C, Wang Y (2022), Characterization of dust activation and their prevailing transport over East Asia based on multi-satellite observations. Atmospheric Research, 265, 105886.
- Bo Y, Yu T, Chang LY, Guo C, Lin CQ, Zeng Y, Huang B, Tam T, Lau AKH, Wong SYS, Lao XQ (2022), Combined effects of chronic PM2.5 exposure and habitual exercise on cancer mortality: a longitudinal cohort study. International Journal of Epidemiology, 51(1), 225-236.
- Chen J, Li R, Tao MH, Wang L, Lin CQ, Wang J, Wang LC, Wang Y, Chen LF (2022), Overview of the performance of satellite fire products in China: Uncertainties and challenges. Atmospheric Environment, 268, 118838.
- Zeng Y, Chang L, Guo C, Lin CQ, Bo Y, Wong MCS, Tam T, Lau AKH, Lao XQ (2022), Chronic Fine Particulate Matter Exposure, Habitual Exercise, and Dyslipidaemia: A Longitudinal Cohort Study. Environmental Epidemiology, 6, e190.
- Guo C, Yu T, Bo Y, Lin CQ, Chang L, Wong MCS, Yu Z, Lau AKH, Tam T, Lao XQ (2022). Long-term exposure to fine particulate matter and mortality: a longitudinal cohort study of 400,459 adults. Epidemiology, 33 (3), 309-317.
- Gui L, Tao MH, Wang Y, Wang LC, Chen LF, Lin CQ, Tao JH, Wang J, Yu C (2022). Climatology of aerosol types and their vertical distribution over East Asia based on CALIPSO lidar measurements. International Journal of Climatology, 42 (11), 6042-6054.
- Wang M, Zhang Y, Fung JCH, Lin CQ, Lau AKH, A Novel Hybrid Clustering Model of Region Segmentation to Fuse CMAQ Simulations with Observations, Atmospheric Environment, 278, 119062.
- Huang YJ, Lee PH, Chen L, Lin B, Lin CQ, Chan TC (2022). Relationships among green space, ambient fine particulate matter, and cancer incidence in Taiwan: A 16-year retrospective cohort study. Environmental Research, 212, Part C, 113416.
- Zeng Y, Chan SHT, Guo C, Chang LY, Bo Y, Lin CQ, Yu Z, Lau AKH, Tan T, Lao XQ, Habitual Exercise, Chronic Exposure to Fine Particulate Matter, and High-Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein in Asian Adult, Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 79 (8), 557-565.
- Guo C, Yu T, Lin CQ, Chang LY, Bo Y, Wong M., Tam T, Lau AKH, Lao XQ, Habitual Exercise, Air Pollution, and Pneumonia Mortality: A Longitudinal Cohort Study of Approximately 0.4 Million Adults, American Journal of Epidemiology, 191(10), 1732-1741.
- Woo KS, Chan SW, Kwok CYT, Yin YH, Chook P, Lin CQ, Celermajer DS (2022). The Different Impact of PM2.5 on Atherogenesis in Overseas Versus Native Chinese in CATHAY Study. Atmosphere. 13, 1236.
- Guo C, Chang LY, Wei X, Lin CQ, Zeng Y, Yu Z, Tam T, Lau AKH, Huang B, Lao XQ (2022). Multi-pollutant air pollution and renal health in Asian children and adolescents: An 18-year longitudinal study. Environmental Research. 214 (4), 114144.
- Guo C, Yu T, Chen J, Chang LY, Lin CQ, Yu Z, Chan SHT, Dong G, Tam T, Huang B, Lau AKH, Lao XQ, Associations between long-term exposure to multiple air pollutants and age at menopause: A longitudinal cohort study, Annals of Epidemiology, 76, 68-76.
- Lin CQ, Leung KKM, Yu ALC, Tsang RCW, Tsui BC, Fung JCH, Ng KW, Cheung SL, Tang WY, Ning Z, Li Y, Zhang T, Lau AKH* (2021), Effects of Synoptic Patterns on the Vertical Structure of Ozone in Hong Kong Using Lidar Measurement, Atmospheric Environment, 257, 118490.
- Lin CQ, Lau AKH*, Fung JCH, Song Y, Li Y, Tao M, Lu X, Ma J, Lao XQ (2021). Removing the effects of meteorological factors on changes in nitrogen dioxide and ozone concentrations in China from 2013 to 2020. Science of the Total Environment.
- Song Y, Lin CQ*, Li Y*, Lau AKH, Fung JCH, Lu X, Guo C, Ma J, Lao XQ (2021). An improved decomposition method to differentiate meteorological and anthropogenic effects on air pollution: a national study in China during the COVID-19 lockdown period. Atmospheric Environment, 250, 118270.
- Song Y, Li Y*, Lin CQ*, Lau AKH (2021), A Multi-Dimensional Decomposition Method of the Meteorology-driven and Emission-driven Effects on Year-to-year Air Quality Variations, Earth and Space Science, doi: 10.1029/2020EA001424.
- Guo C, Yang H, Chang L, Bo Y, Lin CQ, Zeng Y, Tam T, Lau AKH, Hoek G, Lao XQ (2021), Habitual exercise is associated with reduced risk of diabetes regardless of air pollution: A longitudinal cohort study. Diabetologia, 64, 1298–1308.
- Bo Y, Brook JR, Lin CQ, Chang L, Guo C, Zeng Y, Yu Z, Tam T, Lau AKH, Lao XQ (2021), Reduced Ambient PM2.5 Was Associated with a Decreased Risk of Chronic Kidney Disease: A Longitudinal Cohort Study, Environmental Science & Technology, 55, 10, 6876–6883.
- Woo KS, Chook P, Hu YJ, Lao XQ, Lin CQ, Lee PWA, Kwok CYT, Wei AN, Guo DS, Yin YH, Lau KHA, Leung KS, Leung Y, Celermajer DS (2021). The impact of particulate matter air pollution (PM2.5) on atherosclerosis in modernizing China: a report from the CATHAY study, International Journal of Epidemiology, 50(2), 578–588.
- Guo C, Bo Y, Lin CQ, Li H, Zeng Y, Zhang Y, Hossain MS, Chan JWM, Yeung DW, Kwok K, Wong SYS, Lau AKH, Lao XQ (2021). Meteorological factors and COVID-19 incidence in 190 countries: an observational study, Science of the Total Environment, 757, 143783.
- Bo Y, Guo C, Lin CQ, Zeng Y, Li H, Zhang Y, Hossain MS, Chan JWM, Yeung DW, Kwok K, Wong SYS, Lau AKH, Lao XQ (2021). Effectiveness of non-pharmaceutical interventions on COVID-19 transmission in 190 countries from 23 January to 13 April 2020. International Journal of Infectious Diseases, 102, 247-253.
- Chuang YH, Lin IF, Lao XQ, Lin CQ, Chan TC (2021). The Association between Renal Function Decline and the Incidence of Urothelial Carcinoma: A 16-year Retrospective Cohort Study in Taiwan. European Urology Open Science, 27, 1-9.
- Bo Y, Chang L, Guo C, Lin CQ, Lau AKH, Tam T, Yeoh EK, Lao XQ (2021), Reduced ambient PM2.5, better plasma glucose level, and decreased risk of type 2 diabetes in adults: a longitudinal cohort study. American Journal of Epidemiology, doi: 10.1093/aje/kwab159.
- Woo KS, Timothy KCY, Chook P, Hu YJ, Yin YH, Lin CQ, Lau AKH, Lee PWA, Celermajer DS (2021), Independent Effects of Metabolic Syndrome and Air Pollution (PM2.5) on Atherosclerosis in Modernizing China. Austin Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology, 8(2), 1097.
- Guo C, Chan SHT, Lin CQ, Zeng Y, Bo Y, Zhang Y, Hossain MS, Chan JWM, Yeung DW, Lao AKH, Lao XQ (2021), Physical distancing implementation, ambient temperature and Covid-19 containment: An observational study in the United States, Science of the Total Environment, 789, 147876.
- Chen WY, Chen Y, Huang Y, Lu XC, Yu JZ, Fung JCH, Lin CQ, Yan Y, Peng L, Louie PKK, Tam F, Yue D, Lau AKH, Zhong LJ (2021), Source apportionment of fine secondary inorganic aerosol over the Pearl River Delta region using a hybrid method, Atmospheric Pollution Research, 12(5), 101061.
- Lin CQ, Lau AKH*, Lao XQ, Fung JCH, Lu X, Li Z, Ma J, Li CC, Wong AHS (2020). A novel framework for decomposing PM2.5 variation and demographic change effects on human exposure using satellite observation. Environmental Research, 182, 109120.
- Lin CQ, Lau AKH*, Fung JCH, Guo C, Chan JWM, Yeung DW, Zhang Y, Bo Y, Hossain MS, Zeng Y, Lao XQ* (2020). A mechanism-based parameterisation scheme to investigate the association between transmission rate of COVID-19 and meteorological factors on plains in China. Science of the Total Environment, 737, 140348.
- Lin CQ, Labzovskii LD, Mak HWL, Fung JCH, Lau AKH, Kenea ST, Bilal M, Vande Hey JD, Lu X, Ma J (2020). Observation of PM2.5 using a combination of satellite remote sensing and low-cost sensor network in Siberian urban areas with limited reference monitoring. Atmospheric Environment, 227, 117410.
- Guo C, Zeng Y, Chang L, Yu Z, Bo Y, Lin CQ, Lau AKH, Tam T, Lao XQ (2020). Independent and Opposing Associations of Habitual Exercise and Chronic PM2.5 Exposures on Hypertension Incidence. Circulation, 142, 645–656.
- Guo C, Bo Y, Chan TC, Zhang Z, Lin CQ, Tam T, Lau AKH, Chang L, Hoek G, Lao XQ (2020). Does fine particulate matter (PM2.5) affect the benefits of habitual physical activity on lung function in adults: a longitudinal cohort study. BMC medicine, 18, 1-15.
- Ma J, Cheng JCP, Ding Y, Chen K, Lin CQ, Jiang F (2020). Identification of the Most Influential Areas for Air Pollution Control Using XGBoost and Grid Importance Rank. Journal of Cleaner Production, 274, 122835.
- Guo C, Chan T, Teng Y, Lin CQ, Bo Y, Chang L, Lau AKH, Tam T, Wong MCS, Lao XQ (2020). Long-term exposure to ambient fine particles and gastrointestinal cancer mortality in Taiwan: A cohort study. Environment International, 138, 105640.
- Ma J, Li Z., Cheng JCP, Ding Y, Lin CQ, Xu Z (2020). Air quality prediction at new stations using spatially transferred bi-directional long short-term memory network. Science of the Total Environment, 705, 135771.
- Lu X, Chen Y, Huang Y, Chen D, Shen J, Lin CQ, Li Z, Fung JCH, Lau AKH (2020). Exposure and mortality apportionment of PM2.5 between 2006 and 2015 over the Pearl River Delta region in southern China. Atmospheric Environment, 231, 117512.
- Ma J, Cheng JCP, Ding Y, Lin CQ, Jiang F, Wang M, Zhai C (2020). Transfer learning for long-interval consecutive missing values imputation without external features in air pollution time series. Advanced Engineering Informatics, 44, 101092.