Eun Soon IM
Ph. D.(2006), Pusan National University, Korea
Assistant Professor, Division of Environment and Sustainability
Assistant Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Climate, Atmospheric, and Environmental Science, Numerical Modeling
- Regional climate change due to global warming
- Dynamical downscaling using a regional climate model
- Process study using a regional climate model (e.g. land-atmosphere interaction)
- Interdisciplinary approach between climate information and impact assessment
- Lo M.-H.*, Wey H.-W., Im E.-S.*, et al., 2021: Intense Agricultural Irrigation Induced Contrast Precipitation Changes in Saudi Arabia. Environ. Res. Lett. In press. https://doi.org/10.1088/1748-9326/ac002e
- Im E.-S.*, Ha S., Qiu L., Hur J., Jo S., and Shim K.-M., 2021: An evaluation of temperature-based agricultural indices over Korea from the high resolution WRF simulations. Frontiers in Earth Science. 9, 656787, doi: 10.3389/feart.2021.656787.
- Qiu L.+, Im E.-S.*, Kwon H.-H., 2020: Categorization of precipitation changes in China under 1.5°C and 3°C global warming using the bivariate joint distribution from a multi-model perspective. Environ. Res. Lett. 15, 124043.
- lm E.-S.*, Nguyen-Xuan T., Qiu L., et al., 2020: Emergence of robust anthropogenic increase of heat stress-related variables projected from CORDEX-CORE climate simulations. Climate Dynamics, In press. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00382-020-05398-w.
- T. Nguyen-Xuan, L. Qiu, Im, E.-S.*, Hur J., Shim K.-M., 2020: Sensitivity of Summer Precipitation over Korea to Convective Parameterizations in the RegCM4: An Updated Assessment, Advances in Meteorology.
- Kim J.-B, Im, E.-S.*, Bae D.-H., 2020: Intensified Hydroclimatic Regime in Korean Basins Under 1.5 and 2° C Global Warming, International Journal of Climatology 40 (4), 1965-1978.
- L. Qiu, Im, E.-S.*, Hur J., Shim K.-M., 2020: Added Value of Very High Resolution Climate Simulations over South Korea using WRF Modeling System, Climate Dynamics 54 (1-2), 173-189.
- M.-H. Lee, D.-H. Bae, Im, E.-S.*, 2019: Effect of the Horizontal Resolution of Climate Simulations on the Hydrological Representation of Extreme Low and High Flows, Water Resources Management 33 (13), 4653-4666.
- Chen C.C., Lo M.H., Im, E.-S.*, Yu J.Y., Liang Y.C., Chen W.T., Tang I., Lan C.W., 2019: Thermodynamic and Dynamic Responses to Deforestation in the Maritime Continent: A Modeling Study, Journal of Climate 32 (12), 3505-3527.
- Lee M.-H., Im, E.-S.*, Bae D.-H., 2019: Impact of the Spatial Variability of Daily Precipitation on Hydrological Projections: A Comparison of GCM‐and RCM‐Driven Cases in the Han River Basin, Korea, Hydrological Processes 33 (16), 2240-2257.
- Lee M.-H., Lu M., Im, E.-S.*, Bae D.-H., 2019: Added Value of Dynamical Downscaling for Hydrological Projections in the Chungju Basin, Korea, International Journal of Climatology 39 (1), 516-531.
- Im, E.-S.*, T. Nguyen-Xuan, Y.-H. Kim, and J.-B. Ahn, 2019: 2018 Summer extreme hot temperatures in South Korea and their intensification under 3°C global warming scenario. Environmental Research Letters, 14, 094020.
- Im, E.-S., S.-C. Kang*, and E.A.B. Eltahir, 2018: Projections of rising heat stress over the western Maritime Continent from dynamically downscaled climate simulations. Global & Planetary Change, 165, 160-172.
- Im, E.-S.*, and E.A.B. Eltahir, 2018: Simulations of the diurnal variation of rainfall over the western Maritime Continent using a regional climate model. Climate Dynamics, doi 10.1007/s00382-017-3907-3. 51, 73-88.
- Im, E.-S.*, and E.A.B. Eltahir, 2018: Simulations of the observed "jump" in the West African monsoon and its underlying dynamics using the MIT Regional Climate Model. International Journal of Climatology, 38, 841-852.
- Im, E.-S., J. S. Pal, and E.A.B. Eltahir*, 2017: Deadly heat waves projected in the densely-populated agricultural regions of South Asia. Science Advances, 3, e1603322 (Featured on the cover of August issue).
- Im, E.-S., Y.-W. Choi, and J.-B. Ahn*, 2017: Worsening of heat stress due to global warming in South Korea based on multi-RCM ensemble projections. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 122, 11444-11461, doi 10.1002/2007JD026731.
- Im, E.-S., Y.-W. Choi and J.-B. Ahn*, 2017: Robust intensification of hydroclimatic intensity over East Asia from multi-model ensemble regional projections. Theoretical & Applied Climatology, 129, 1241-1254.
- Alter E. R.*, E.-S. Im*, and E.A.B. Eltahir, 2015: Rainfall consistently enhanced around the Gezira Scheme in East Africa due to irrigation. Nature Geoscience, 8, 763-767. (*These authors contributed equally to this work)
- Im, E.-S., J.-B. Ahn*, and S.-R. Jo, 2015: Regional climate projection over South Korea simulated by the HadGEM2-AO and WRF model chain under the RCP emission scenarios. Climate Research, 69, 249-266.
- Im, E.-S.*, and E.A.B. Eltahir, 2014: Enhancement of rainfall and runoff upstream from irrigation location in a climate model of West Africa. Water Resources Research, 50, 8651-8674.
- Im, E.-S.*, R.L. Gianotti, and E.A.B. Eltahir, 2014: Improving the simulation of the West Africa Monsoon using the MIT Regional Climate Model. J. Climate, 27, 2209-2229.
- Im, E.-S.*, M.P. Marcella, and E.A.B. Eltahir, 2014: Impact of potential large-scale irrigation on the West African Monsoon and its dependence on location of irrigated area. J. Climate, 27, 994-1009.