Eun Soon IM
Ph. D.(2006), Pusan National University, Korea
Assistant Professor, Division of Environment and Sustainability
Assistant Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Climate, Atmospheric, and Environmental Science, Numerical Modeling
- Regional climate change due to global warming
- Dynamical downscaling using a regional climate model
- Process study using a regional climate model (e.g. land-atmosphere interaction)
- Interdisciplinary approach between climate information and impact assessment
(* corresponding author, after 2010, first author only)
- Im, E.-S., S.-C. Kang*, and E.A.B. Eltahir, 2018: Projections of rising heat stress over the western Maritime Continent from dynamically downscaled climate simulations. Global & Planetary Change, 165, 160-172.
- Im, E.-S.*, and E.A.B. Eltahir, 2018: Simulations of the diurnal variation of rainfall over the western Maritime Continent using a regional climate model. Climate Dynamics, doi 10.1007/s00382-017-3907-3. In Press.
- Im, E.-S.*, and E.A.B. Eltahir, 2018: Simulations of the observed "jump" in the West African monsoon and its underlying dynamics using the MIT Regional Climate Model. International Journal of Climatology, 38, 841-852.
- Im, E.-S., J. S. Pal, and E.A.B. Eltahir*, 2017: Deadly heat waves projected in the densely-populated agricultural regions of South Asia. Science Advances, 3, e1603322 (Featured on the cover of August issue).
- Im, E.-S., Y.-W. Choi, and J.-B. Ahn*, 2017: Worsening of heat stress due to global warming in South Korea based on multi-RCM ensemble projections. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 122, 11444-11461, doi 10.1002/2007JD026731.
- Im, E.-S., Y.-W. Choi and J.-B. Ahn*, 2017: Robust intensification of hydroclimatic intensity over East Asia from multi-model ensemble regional projections. Theoretical & Applied Climatology, 129, 1241-1254.
- Alter E. R.*, E.-S. Im*, and E.A.B. Eltahir, 2015: Rainfall consistently enhanced around the Gezira Scheme in East Africa due to irrigation. Nature Geoscience, 8, 763-767. (*These authors contributed equally to this work)
- Im, E.-S., J.-B. Ahn*, and S.-R. Jo, 2015: Regional climate projection over South Korea simulated by the HadGEM2-AO and WRF model chain under the RCP emission scenarios. Climate Research, 69, 249-266.
- Im, E.-S.*, and E.A.B. Eltahir, 2014: Enhancement of rainfall and runoff upstream from irrigation location in a climate model of West Africa. Water Resources Research, 50, 8651-8674.
- Im, E.-S.*, R.L. Gianotti, and E.A.B. Eltahir, 2014: Improving the simulation of the West Africa Monsoon using the MIT Regional Climate Model. J. Climate, 27, 2209-2229.
- Im, E.-S.*, M.P. Marcella, and E.A.B. Eltahir, 2014: Impact of potential large-scale irrigation on the West African Monsoon and its dependence on location of irrigated area. J. Climate, 27, 994-1009.
- Im, E.-S.*, S.-R. In and S.-O. Han, 2013: Numerical simulation of the heavy rainfall caused by a convection band over Korea: A case study on the comparison of WRF and CReSS. Natural Hazard, 69, 1681-1695.
- Im, E.-S.*, J.-H. Kwon, B.-J. Lee, S.-R. In and S.-O. Han, 2012: Potential increase of flood hazards over Korea due to global warming from a high-resolution regional climate simulation. Asia-Pacific J. Atmospheric Science, 48, 107-113.
- Im, E.-S.*, J. B. Ahn, and D.-W. Kim, 2012: An assessment of future dryness over Korea under global warming from the RegCM3-ECHAM5 model chain under A1B emission scenario. Asia-Pacific J. Atmospheric Science, 48, 325-337
- Im, E.-S., I. W. Jung*, and D.-H. Bae, 2011: The temporal and spatial structure of recent and future trends in extreme indices over Korea from a regional climate projection. Int. J. Climatol., 31, 72-86.
- Im, E.-S.*, and J. B. Ahn, 2011: On the elevation dependency of present-day and future climate simulations from a high-resolution regional climate model. J. Meteorol. Soc. Japan, 89, 89-100.
- Im, E.-S.*, E. Coppola, F. Giorgi, and X. Bi, 2010: Local vs. remote effects of climate change over the Alpine region: A study with a high resolution regional climate model with a surrogate climate change scenario. Geophy. Res. Lett., 37, L05704, doi:10.1029/2009GL041801.
- Im, E.-S., I. W. Jung*, H. Chang, D.-H. Bae, and W.-T. Kwon, 2010: Hydrometeorological response to dynamically downscaled climate change simulations for Korean basins. Climatic Change, 100, 485-508.
- Im, E.-S.*, E. Coppola, F. Giorgi, and X. Bi, 2010: Validation of a high resolution regional climate model for the Alpine region and effects of a subgrid-scale topography and land-use representation. J. Climate, 23, 1854-1873.