Gerald R PATCHELL
Ph.D.(1991), Simon Frazer University
Associate Professor, Division of Environment and Sustainability
Associate Professor, Division of Social Science
Tel: (852) 2358 7781
Fax: (852) 2335 0014
Office: Rm 2354 (Lift 3)
- Territorial and Inter-firm Cooperation
- Sustainable Development
- Environmental Economic Geography
- The Organization of Variety
- Business and Environment
- 2004, "High tech 'Large Firms' in Greater Vancouver, British Columbia: Congregation without Clustering?", [co-authored with Hayter, R, Rees, K], in R B Le Heron and J W Harrington eds. New Economic Spaces, New Economic Geographies. London: Ashgate.
- 2003, "Governance for University-Industry Collaboration in Hong Kong",[co-authored with Tony Eastham], in Roel Rutten, Frans Boekema, and Elsa Kuijpers (eds.) Universities, Knowledge Infrastructure and the Learning Region. London:Routledge.
- 2002, "Linking Production and Consumption: The co-evolution of interaction systems in the Japanese house industry", Annals of the Association of American Geographers, Vol. 92 pp. 284-301.
- 1999, "Creating the Japanese Electric Vehicle Industry: the challenges of uncertainty and cooperation", Environment & Planning A, vol. 31 pp. 997-1016.
- 1997, "Japanese Precious Wood and the Paradoxes of Added Value", [co-authored with Roger Hayter], Geographical Review, vol. 87 (3) pp. 375-395.
- 1996, "Kaleidoscope Economies: cooperation, competition and control in regional development", Annals of the Association of American Geographers, vol. 86 (3), pp. 481-506.
- 1993, "From Production Systems to Learning Systems: lessons from Japan", Environment and Planning A, Vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 797-815